As more companies adopt Web-based applications, it’s going to become more important for business users to know how to manage their features on their browsers – such as Internet Explorer or Firefox – as well as they manage the various folders on their PCs. On CodingHorror.com, Jeff Atwood offers a top five list of shortcuts you can use to get around your browser more efficiently.
“I apologize if you feel I’ve insulted your intelligence with such basic shortcuts. But realize that not everyone knows what you know,” he writes.
- Set up a keyboard shortcut to launch your browser
- Alt+D to navigate to the browser address bar
- Ctrl+E to navigate to the browser search box
- Alt+Enter to open searches or websites in a new tab
- The middle mouse button opens links in a new tab, and also closes tabs