· President of Stand Alone Energy Systems Ltd.
· Mayor of Fort Smith between 1988 and 1997
· Serves on the Green Funds Council of the Federation of Canadian Municipalities, responsible for the assessment of municipal project under the Green Infrastructure Program
· Chair of the Steering Committee for the South Slave Research Centre 1992 to 1997
· Co-Chair of the Constitutional Development Steering Committee for the Western Arctic between 1995 and 1997
· Served as federal government representative on the Mackenzie Valley Environmental Impact Review Board 1999 to 2001
· Served as Special Advisor on Energy to the Premier of the Northwest Territories in 2001 and 2002
· Earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from the University of Alberta
· Born in Fort Smith in 1953
· Married with two children and three grandchildren.