· Vice-President of the B.C. Government and Service Employees’ Union
· Born and raised in the Vancouver Island communities of Tahsis, Gold River, Royston, Courtenay and Cumberland
· Member of the Social Planning and Research Council of B.C.
· Served on the social justice committee of the B.C. Federation of Labour
· Member and volunteer with the World Community Development Education Society, Co-Development Canada, Comox Valley Coalition to Save Social Programs and Comox Valley Women to Women Global Strategies
· Lives in Cumberland with her partner Roger Kishi, mother Florence Bell and son Rod.