· Born in 1970, grew up in Victoria
· With a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Victoria in 1993, has worked as a writer and researcher for numerous environmental groups over the last decade
· Working in concert with others, has helped protect over 220,000 hectares of rainforest on Vancouver Island, including the acquisition of private property along the banks of the Cowichan River
· During the 1990s, sat on the Boards of the Steelhead Society of B.C. and the Sierra Club of B.C.
· Took a position as a Senior Researcher at the David Suzuki Foundation in 1998
· Currently works as a consultant to a North Shore law firm, as well as to environmental groups
· With his wife Johanna, lives in North Vancouver where they enjoy rafting, snowshoeing, hiking, and fishing; they are currently writing their first book on B.C.’s fragile wilderness areas.