John Hague has lived, with his wife and three children, in Delta for 33 years. A Chartered Accountant with additional skills in business, resource economics and conflict resolution, John has been serving the community as:
- Director, Burns Bog Conservation Society
- MLA Candidate in 2001, Director, B.C. Green Party
- Delta Council Candidate in 2002
- Regulatory Staff, BC Utilities Commission for 20 years
- Advisory Planning Commission for Islands Trust.
John states, "I want to work in partnership with others of vision to ensure Newton-North Delta continues to be a safe, healthy and thriving community where its economic, social and environmental issues are decided with:
- Good government that cooperates with members of the public, business, municipal staff and senior levels of government.
- Infrastructure investment for the through-traffic crisis and our water and waste water distribution systems "hidden crises". Sustainable solutions will be developed through a long run, integrated triple bottom line resource plan.
- Economic growth that respects the unique agricultural, environmental, cultural, and recreational needs of Newton-North Delta's people. We can meet our needs by growing our tax base."
Local Issues for Federal Election 2004
"Beaches" Our Common Ground - worth preserving, restoring.
"Black Smoke Diesels - Ports & Trucks" What is the full cost of black smoke?
"Burns Bog" - UNESCO protection for 5,045 acres.
"Burglary and Restorative Justice" - retribution vs restitution, punishment vs restoration
"Banks" - and community social responsibility
Contact number: 604-581-6368