· An outspoken advocate for consumer rights, working on electricity deregulation, auto insurance, agriculture and health care
· Consumer Association of Canada (Alberta) Board member since 2001
· Consumer Association of Canada Director since 2002
· Vice President of the Consumers Association of Canada since 2002
· Member of Health Canada’s Pesticide Management Review Agency’s Pesticide Management Advisory Committee since 2002
· Worked in the Construction Industry for over 20 years; small business owner for more than 10 years
· Resident of Westlock-St. Paul for over 15 years
· Has two stepchildren and three grandchildren, lives near Morinville with husband Doug.