· Born in Red Deer, the son of an oilman, whose family moved often, spending time in Redwater, Westlock, Norman Wells, and Fort St. John
· Worked as a photo-journalist for the Alaska Highway News
· Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Political Science at Red Deer College
· A former Laurence Decore Award winner and two-time recipient of the Red Deer College Kite Award for leadership
· Involved with a number of community organizations, including “Bluey Days” Cure for Cancer, the United Church, Pride On Campus, the Students’ Association, the Central Alberta AIDS Network and Red Deer’s “Diversity Days” Coalition.