· Born in Camrose; grew up on a mixed farm near the hamlet of Edberg, Alberta
· Earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in English with Honours from the University of Calgary in 1999
· Worked for several years as a freelance writer and journalist focusing on social issues
· Regular contributor to the Peace Country Sun (formerly the Peace Country Farmer)
· Worked as the e-mail bulletin writer/editor for the influential U.S. advocacy organization MoveOn.org for several years
· Founded in 2003 vivelecanada.ca, a pro-Canadian web-based organization with over 550 members that supports Canadian sovereignty and democracy
· Has volunteered with a number of non-profit organizations, including the Brain Injury Rehabilitation Centre, Catholic Family Services in Calgary, the grassroots newspaper Dominion, and the local F.C.S.S. moms and tots program in Three Creeks
· Wrote the report, entitled "Operation Embedded Complicity: Canada, Playing our Part in the Business of War," on a research project for the Coalition to Oppose the Arms Trade; published in October 2003.
· Member of the Peace River Poverty Action Committee
· Volunteer with the Peace River Playgroup and Nursery School Society
· Lives in the rural area of Three Creeks, east of Peace River, with her husband and two daughters.