· Born and raised on a farm near Nobleford, Alberta
· Attended St. Michael's School of Nursing, graduating as an RN in 1972
· Currently works as an RN at St. Michael's Health Centre in Lethbridge
· Partner in a grain and oil seed farming operation near Granum, Alberta
· An advocate for the family farm and health care, an environmentalist, active in the anti-globalization movement
· Married to Henk for 29 years and the mother of two children (Duane, 25, and Melanee, 22, who is also running for the NDP in Lethbridge).