· An Edmonton lawyer working in Legal Aid helping low-income families with their family problems
· Earned a Honours degree in Political Science from the University of Calgary and a Law degree from the University of Alberta
· Has been practicing law since 1999
· One of the early members of the Edmonton Chapter of Fair Vote Canada, committed to electoral reform and bringing proportional representation to Canada
· A former Board Member of Planned Parenthood Edmonton
· Involved with Amnesty International and the peace movement
· Former member of the Board of the Old Strathcona Foundation, striving to preserve the unique character and history of this area of Edmonton
· Lives with his wife Christina Riddoch, an accomplished lawyer, and their Boarder Collie, Willie, in the Duggan neighbourhoods.