· Has had a long career of working for social change as an effective educator with local and international organizations
· A community development consultant on food security issues with the Child Hunger Education Program and manager of training for the Health Renewal Project linking Canada to Mozambique
· Member of the board of Quint Development Corporation, a local affordable housing and community economic development organization
· Received the Global Citizen Award from the Saskatchewan Council for International Cooperation
· Voted Saskatoon's Citizen Activist of the Year in 2003 by readers of Planet S Magazine
· Born and raised in Saskatchewan.