· Prominent human rights activist and labour leader
· Works as an assistant to CAW President Buzz Hargrove with responsibilities including bargaining in the Ford chain, political action, human rights and women’s rights
· Previously worked for Air Canada and held leadership positions in her CAW local
· Lead the development of pioneering programs for women, including negotiated women advocates in the workplace, anti-harassment policies and training, and CAW women leadership courses
· Headed the CAW Task Force on Working Class Politics in the 21st Century
· Selected as a Canadian observer for the first post-apartheid election in South Africa which saw Nelson Mandela elected President
· Member of the Board of METRAC, a Toronto agency committed to ending violence against women
· Lives in Toronto with her husband and three children.