· Has owned and operated a business, worked in the private sector as a marketing and communications professional and currently acts as a consultant to non-profit organizations
· Board Member of the Community Legal Clinic of York Region
· Received an MBA degree from York University in 1995 and a Bachelor of Science degree, specializing in environmental and energy policy, from York University
· Awarded three scholarships for academic achievement, including the Canadian Association of Women Business Executives and Entrepreneurs in 1995
· Resident of Stouffville
· The mother of two daughters.