· Teacher, intercultural communicator and community leader
· Studied at McMaster University and the University of Toronto; holds Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education and Master of Arts degrees in French and Spanish
· Employed for 29 years with the Waterloo Region District School Board as a teacher and department head
· Vice Principal of University Heights and Waterloo Oxford Secondary Schools and Vice Principal and Site Supervisors of the Cambridge campus of Open Door Adult Education
· Chair of From The Ground Up, a program of Working Against Youth Violence Everywhere (WAYVE)
· Member of the Board of the United Way of Kitchener-Waterloo and Area, the Literacy Group of Waterloo Region
· Published articles in the Kitchener-Waterloo Record and Cross Cultures Magazine
· Father of three daughters in universities.