Dave was acclaimed as the Christian Heritage Party candidate in the riding of Huron-Bruce for the June 28 federal election. He has campaigned in two previous federal elections for the Christian Heritage Party in this riding. He also ran in the last provincial election for the Family Coalition Party.
He and his wife, Kathy, have been married for 28 years and have four children, two boys and two girls. They live in Grey Township, and attend and are actively involved with the Bethel Free Reformed Church in Mitchell, Ontario.
Why is he running? "I am running in this election, first, because I believe in the CHP's principles and platform. Second, I believe that these principles are needed in our society. And third, because there are people in our riding who hold to these principles and cannot find acceptance of those principles in the other parties."
He hopes to be elected to represent the CHP platform in Ottawa. He wants to bring these principles to the forefront of political discourse in this riding and elsewhere.
Some issues he believes need addressing:
1. Judicial activism--lets put an end to it!
2. Better voter representation through proportional representation.
3. C-68...scrap the whole bill!
4. Ban abortion and embryonic research - adult stem cells are superior.
5. Scrap hate crimes legislation.
6. I am for: planned debt reduction, lower taxation and less government spending.
Phone: (519) 887-9337 or (519) 395-5658