· Lawyer, author and poet and human rights activist
· Born in India, later moved to Pakistan where, after years of speaking out against the dictatorships destroying the country, was eventually jailed
· After his release, looked for a country "where real democracy exists" and moved to Canada
· Highly successful professional founding a law firm that specializes in tax and corporate law
· Well known writer in his native language; has published six works including political commentary, fiction and poetry
· Served two terms as President of the Niagara Falls Red Cross
· An Oakville resident since 1998; married, the father of three grown children and a grandfather.