· Director of Metro Credit Union, one of the largest Credit Unions in Ontario
· Played leadership role in pioneering social audit (equivalent to fiscal audit) and promoting Canada-wide corporate social responsibility standards for co-operatives
· Former Treasurer and Director for several co-ops in Ontario and B.C.
· Strong promoter of the "double bottom line" -- fiscal and social responsibility
· Social Worker at St. Joseph's Health Centre, working in the Emergency Department and Community Mental Health
· Earned Bachelor of Arts degree, Bachelor of Social Worker degree and Master of Social Work degree from the University of British Columbia
· Former Child Care Worker dealing with children with autism; Past Vice President of the B.C. Autism Society
· Since the age of 13, a member of Amnesty International
· Worked with refugees and new Canadians from Central America and Afghanistan in 1980s
· Founding member of Toronto Renewable Energy Co-operative and Windshare; promoted Wind Turbine in Toronto and brought in institutional investor
· Founding member of Etobicoke Parents for Public Education
· Volunteer at Wedgewood Junior School and the Out of the Cold Program at various Toronto Churches
· 35 years old
· Born in Toronto; raised in Ontario, Quebec and B.C.
· Lives in central Etobicoke with his partner Paula and two daughters.