· Child welfare worker, rights advocate and anti-globalization activist
· Graduate of York University
· Currently a Child Protection Worker with the Children's Aid Society of Toronto
· Started career working with young offenders and adolescents in residential treatment settings; also worked for several years counselling children and families in the community
· Member of the Canadian Union of Public Employees, active as a union representative, Treasurer and national and provincial convention delegate
· Developed a passion for and knowledge of international trade and foreign relations policy
· Cyber activist in the anti-globalization movement
· Lives in Burlington with his wife and two children.