· Born in Montreal in 1979; raised in the Saint-Michel district before moving to Saint Léonard
· Received a diploma in Special Education in 2000, specializing in children and youth with serious behaviour problems
· Held a seat on the Board of Directors of Cégep Marie-Victorin where she defended issues related to the student community
· Received a Bachelor of Law degree from the Université du Québec à Montréal in the spring of 2004; preparing for admission to the Quebec Bar in the fall
· Deeply interested in human rights, notably on questions affecting women, gays and lesbians, and persons living with physical or intellectual disabilities.