· Born in Damascus, Syria, in 1977; moved with his family to Montreal at the age of 10
· Studied at Marianopolis College in Montreal; obtained a diploma in social sciences, a certificate in law and social justice and a certificate in international studies
· Received a Bachelor`s degree in law from the Université de Montréal, a Master`s degree in Petroleum Resources Law from the University of Dundee, Scotland, and a certificate in economics from the Institut français du Pétrole in Rueil-Malmaison, France
· Undertook Quebec Bar required placement with the Quebec Revenue Ministry
· Has an office in Saint-Laurent where he practices law.