· Born in 1954 in St-Léonard-de-Portneuf
· In 1977, an employee of the Centre hospitalier Robert-Giffard (CHRG)’ became president of his union
· Received a Bachelor’s degree from the Université Laval in 1984, studying Political Science (Public Administration), Psychology and Industrial Relations
· Has been Administator of the Coopérative de la Rivière in Québec City
· Within the NDP, was a strong member of the Quebec Council in the 1980s, Vice President of the Association régionale de Québec and more recently President of the Association NPD de Québec
· Shares custody of his15-year-old son
· Lives openly in a same-sex relationship of close to 10 years.