· Resident of Laval for the past 25 years; retired from Bell Canada
· Eldest of four sisters and the mother of a 32-year-old son; she has been a volunteer for many years in several youth movements (Scouts, international calibre bands and cadets)
· Founder of SOS Moustiques in 1995 for mosquito control
· Author of a paper, entitled Eaux Troubles, in 1999 on water management, member of the Laval Regional Environment Council and a member of Option Consommateurs
· Participated in the great Women’s March against violence and poverty and also the march at the Summit of the Americas in Quebec City.