· Born in Montreal where his family has lived and worked in the Lachine Canal region (St. Henri, Verdun, Pointe St Charles) for four generations
· Proud descendant of Montreal’s Irish heritage, and considers himself a dedicated champion of the values of tolerance, generosity and cooperation that came to define the shared history of Montreal’s French-Canadian and Irish working-class communities
· As a young man, traveled through most of west and central Canada during a five year period while working as a labourer and machine-operator on railway repair crews as part of the Maintenance of Way union
· At the same time, earned a bachelor’s degree in Communications Studies from Concordia University.
· While at Concordia, with the Quebec Public Interest Research Group, volunteered in outreach programs for elderly home-bound Montrealers, and helped out from time to time at St. Michael’s Mission for the homeless in downtown Montreal
· Has worked primarily in the film production and aviation sectors since graduating from Concordia, and currently runs his own communications consultancy in Montreal, overseeing the publishing, editing and design of a number of books and magazines distributed by several of Montreal’s larger international organizations
· Resides in St. Henri with his second wife and his 10 year old son from his previous marriage
Joined the NDP to be a part of the Jack Layton team and help defend the rights and dignity of Canadians of lower and moderate incomes.