· Born in India; grew up in Montreal
· Graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and Canadian History from Concordia University
· Involved in the Canadian arts and culture industry for over 15 years; has worked in dance, theatre and the book publishing sectors
· Committed to improving the quality of life for the disadvantaged members of society, has worked with disabled children and adults in group homes and institutions, the homeless in soup-kitchens and cared for sick animals at a veterinary hospital
· As a caregiver to a chronically ill person, is a passionate healthcare advocate.