· Born in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu
· Studied at the Collège François-Xavier-Garneau in Quebec City
· In college, was manager of the student newspaper and was student representative on the college Board of Directors
· Received a Bachelor’s degree in Law from the Université de Montréal
· During this period, volunteered in the Legal Aid Clinic assisting persons with HIV
· In 1999, studied European models in an exchange program with the Université de Paris II
· Admitted to the Quebec Bar in 2001, a civil and commercial litigation lawyer who also provides legal assistance to organizations helping families affected by HIV.