· Minister at Cole Harbour Woodside United Church
· Born and raised in Dartmouth; resident of the area most of her life
· Earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Dalhousie University in 1982
· Received a Master of Divinity degree from the Atlantic School of Theology in 1985
· Completed Doctoral Program on Transformational Leadership in 2003, focusing on the inclusion of person with disabilities in the community
· Active in the community, serves on the Advisory Committee of Oceanview Manor, in the Canadian Cancer Society, the local Breakfast Program, as liaison between the Food Bank and Metro Food Bank
· 42 years old
· Married to Paul Gillis and the mother of two teenage daughters.